I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Monday 31 March 2014

[Review] Christina Perri- Head or Heart

1. Trust

I like the eerier background to this song and the overall creepiness of the song, I love how simple this song is, it's just a simple background with Perri singing and pulls me into the album. A good song to start the album with.
3.2/5

2. Burning Gold

This is the second single from the album, the first one being Human. I like the beat of this song, it's a strong song but I don't think their is anything that exciting about the song. Even the bridge which is nice doesn't really make this song that special.
3.6/5


3. Be My Forever (featuring Ed Sheeran)

This is such a happy song. You can tell straight from the cheery instrumental and this song is about being lovers forever if you couldn't guess that. My first main problem with this song is that Ed Sheeran's voice does not match with Christina's voice at all. She has this powerful, 'I'm singing and your going to listen' voice while Ed Sheeran has a more laidback voice that's casually sounding and their voices don't mesh well. I think I would enjoy this song more with a different male singing, no offensive to Ed, because I love him but his voices doesn't work her and ultimately I think it ruins what could of been a nice song
3/5

4. Human

The chorus of this song is ridiculously powerful. I admit while listening to this album the first time, by the time it came to his song I was falling asleep, but this song made sit up and listen. I see why this was choosen as the first single from the album. While the chorus and the bridge are amazing the verses are weak, they build up the suspense but fail to add much else.
4/5

5. One Night

I like this song, and if there was another single from this album and would think it might probably be this song. I really like this song, it's relaxing yet powerful and unlike Human this song had great versus that don't let the rest of the song down.
4.1/5

6. I Don't Wanna Break

I like how this song builds up to the dramatic moments that comes back down but I don't think I have anything else to say about this song. It's pretty average but it's average done well, not average that is boring.
2.6/5

7. Sea of Lovers

This song is a good middle track because it's slightly boring. A good track to listen to if on a long journey because I think this song is a nice background song. The lyrics make me roll my eyes, Sea of Lovers, bleugh. More romantic mush, like most of the songs on the album but I notice it on this son.
2.3/5

8. The Words

This song is a sing along ballad. It's okay. I don't hate it but it's not a song  get excited about, it's not a song I'm going to actively listen to.
2.6/5
9. Lonely Child

If you couldn't tell my reviews I was starting to get tired of this album. It's a good job this song appeared. I was so close to getting up and going to get food. I really like the lyrics of this song 'Get down' 'slow down'. The lyrics are interesting and the song isn't putting me to sleep. I also think this is track that inspired the album's track Head or Heart and I can only hope this will be a future single
4.5/5

10. Run

Another ballad, this album really has too many, and at this point it just sounds like all the others.
2/5

11. Butterfly

Urgghhh, more ballads about broken hearts. This one of the most boring ones. It's dreadfully painfully trying to sit though this as someone who doesn't like ballads.
2.5/5

12. Shot Me In The Heart

This song picks up and has a faster tempo then most of the other songs but it's still pretty bland.
3/5

13. I Believe

Another bland song. I've found that really listening to this album all the way though, is painfull because most of the songs blend into one, they are mostly the same ballad about hear break except slightly different. It's just boring and this song is no exception. If this song was a single I think I wold enjoy it more, but having just listen to 10 other tracks that sound pretty much the same I don't like it as much as I think I should. And that's th worse thing about the album, the songs are all okay but when you put them together thye all loose their charm because they sound too similar.
3.6/5

 Overall Album = 3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment