I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Saturday 24 May 2014

AKB48 - Labrador Retriever

1. Labrador Retriever
So AKB48 are back with their new single. The title being Labrador Retriever. I always find AKB48 and all the 48 groups to be a bit hit and miss. This song is defiantly a miss for me. It's bland, boring and pretty forgettable... but I expected it because the title tracks are usually pretty bad.

2.9/3

2.  The Melody Until Today (Yuko Oshima's Graduation Song)
This song is sad, clearly. Yuko Oshima has been a member since Aitakatta and is one of the most popular members singing in every A-side since Aitakatta (except the Rock/Paper/Scissors singles). Overall, while I don't like the song, it's not my style. I can see why this song could be a favourite due to it's sentimental feelings it brings.

3.5/5

3. (Type A) You Are Fickle

Okay, since AKB48, is a Japanese groups naturally we have several versions of the single, a grand total of 9 different version. 5 different versions, 4 of them limited editions. The first is Type A, where the song is sung by Team A. The normal edition is the one where the girls are wearing the pastel dresses while the limited edition is the one the girls are sitting down. I'm not sure on this song. It's better then the title but I think it's still fairly average. It's very forgettable and not the best AKB48 song.

3.4/5

3. (Type K) My Dear Rival
I was expecting more from this track, as Team K, is my favourite Team because their songs just ttend to suit my taste more. I wasn't disappointed. The best song on the single. It's an upbeat dance track with everything I like about AKB48, including the awesome Guitar break. I may even be tempted to buy this version, although I would have to get the normal because I think my parents would have qustions if I got the limited edition.

3.9/5


3. (Type B) B Garden
This song is the happy cheery song, I expect from Team B. It really is just fun and simply, not the best, but not the worse.

3.6/5
 


3. (Type 4) The Heart Escape Game
Team 4 is still trying to find their place in AKB48, and this song helps. The group's concept is cute and you can see it very clearly. It an average cute song and doesn't really make me interested.

3/5
 

3. (Theatre Edition) We Were Cheating
The song is sung by Kojima Haruna (Team A) and a member of staff Kitagawa Kenji. The song is very un AKB sounding. It's sounds older and there is no bubblegum pop to this song. I don't think I have ever heard an AKB song sound like this. I quite like it.

3.6/5

Overall this single gets 3.4. I just want to know what the next Team will be called since while they haven't released any music, Team 8 does exist.... or does this mean no more teams?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment