I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Saturday 24 May 2014

T-ARA - Gossip Girl

1. Just Now
I'm so excited to review this. I really like T-ARA and I'm sure this album will be as good as I expect it to be. I'm not looking forward to paying for this album though. Anyway this first song, it's a good song to open the album with. It's upbeat and happy, with the electric pop I associate with T-ARA. the song is T-ARA with the Japanese sound. It's an good album track.

4/5

2. Lucky Wanabeee!
This song has that T-ARA sound. It's got a heavy electric beat and electric sounds, and a darker undertone. Then the chorus is upbeat and has a fast tempo. It has that hook, 'lalalala lucky lucky wanabeeeeeee' I love T-ARA hooks. This song is catchy but not as catchy as some of their other releases.

4.5/5

3. Number Nine (Japanese Version)
The Japanese version of their Korean hit. I'll be honest I prefer the Korean version, because the lyrics don't seem to quite fit in the Japanese version and the singing seems not as heartful, it sounds slightly subdued at times.

4.8/5
Pearl Edition, CD Only

4. Lead The Way
Previously released as a single. I didn't like it then and things haven't changed. I feel this is one of the weaker songs on the album. The song lacks that awesomeness I expect and the song is just flat and boring which is a shame because T-ARA can do ballads really well, this song is just meh.

2.6/5

5. Keep On Walking
This song reminds me of a video game, it has that 8-bit music. I like this song. It's not my favourite on the album but it's not the worse. A song good enough to be on the album.

3.6/5

6. Knockin' On My Heart
This is the typical T-ARA song. It's okay. Not the best but not the best. I like the 'nanana' and the song includes a range of tempo's to make it interesting. The chorus is a bit meh but the verses make up for it.

3.8/5

7. Musica Musica
Another electric song, this song seems a bit plain with nothing to make it stand out against other songs. Not really much else to say.

3.5/5
Sapphire Edition, CD + DVD

8. Watashidoshiyou (Japanese Version)
Again, similar to Number Nine the Japanese version of Do You Know Me, isn't as good. Although this could be because I'm so used to listening to the Korean version, the Japanese version sounds too different. The English in the chorus, I find quite distracting but that is probably just me.

4.7/5

9. La'boon
Again, this song was realeased as a single with Lead The Way and I don't really like that much. I find it average and the repeaing of La'boon fails as a hook and is just annoying.

3/5

Diamond Edition, CD + DVD + Photobook
10. A-Ha
On iTunes this was the least popular song. It's not as bad as I expected it to be. I love the jazzy, old time feel this song has. It sticks out on the album as it's doesn't mash with the other songs on the album and it just seems out of place.

3.5/5

11. Kioku - Kimigu Kureta Michishirube
A ballad to close the album. It's not the strongest T-ARA ballad but it's pleasant enough I guess.

3.3/5

12. T.T.L. Time To Love (Japanese Version) (Dj Hanmin Remix)
If you want this track on the album your going to have to hurry because it's only available on First Pressed Editions. The song is the remix Japanese version of the Korean track. The Korean of this song was perfect and I think this remix version is a bit messy. At times there are just too many sounds going on, taking away from the original version.

4/5

Overall, this is not the best T-ARA album, it's far from it. But it still gets a 3.7, good for most groups but I would imagine far below the normal T-ARA album.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment