I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Saturday 12 April 2014

[Review] Akdong Musician - Play

1. Give Love
I love this song, the guitar at the beginning and the drumbeat that continues throughout the song is just really nice. The overall song is just really nice and fun and a great way to start the album off

4/.15

2.  200%
I didn't originally like this song as much as the rest of the songs, but this song had grown on me so much. It think it's the cowbell? in the background that I really like and the music video to this song is great as expected from YG. This song is really simple yet so addictive.

5/5

3. 얼음들 (Melted)
The Piano in this song is great. I love it. That happy cherry beat but then the violin and the singing kicks in and suddenly the song isn't s happy but then the guitar enters the song and now I'm not sure if this is a happy song or not. I love how this song has no clear emotion it's very ambiguous. The focos is majority on the singing and I like that. This song is just brilliant. I really love it.
 
5/5

4. 지하철에서 (On the Subway)
I love how this song is about a subway and this is one of those songs where the lyrics are really nice. I love the lyrics in the chorus. The one line in the chorus "Lovers, students workers everyone meets here" It's just a nice line to have in the song. The bridge is also really relaxing with the harmonica. The whole song is just so peaceful which is ironic because subways are rarely peaceful.
 
4.8/5
 
5. 가르마 (Parted Hair)
This is my least favourite song on the album. It's somewhat bland compared to the other songs on the album and I just don't like it as much as the rest. I also don't think the lyrics match the tone of the song but that is just my opinion.
 
3.8/5
 
6. 인공잔디 (Artificial Grass)
I love the humming at the beginning, it all peaceful and soothing and then all of a sudden there the la la la la. And then the song picks up with the guitar and towards the end of the verses the drums help build up to the chorus. I love the backgrounds sounds of birds and school children and magic in the background that are in the song. The song is just cute it's about artificial  grass that wants to be real grass. I mean that's adorable.
 
4.7/5
7. 안녕 (Hello)
This song is also really cute it's about that first hello to someone. This song isn't as catchy as some of the other songs but it's still really good
 
4.3/5
 
8. 작은별 (Little Star)
I love this song, as you might of expected. I don't know what to say. I love the build up in this song that keeps it from getting flat, I like how the tempo changes as well so it's not boring. Actually that's something I like about the whole album. Their style of music it's easy for all to sound too similar and/or to get really boring and loose people's interests but this album had managed to keep my attention throughout.

4.1/5
 
9. 길이나 (Path)
This is such a sappy love song. But it has pulled me right in I really love this song. It's just perfect.
 
5/5
 
10. 소재 (Idea)
This is the most pop sounding song on the album and it's still manages to be good. I really don't know what I can say to a song that's this good. I think this song is noticeable different because of it's more pop sound rather then slower balladey songs but I this is great.
 
4.9/5

11. Galaxy
The last song. I'm s sad that there aren't more songs and knowing YG I might not be getting any more songs for a while. That thought alone is killing me, luckily all these songs are going to last me that long because their timeless. This is a really nice song to finish on because it's simple but sweet.
 
4.3/5
 

 Overall this album gets a 4.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment