I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Friday 4 April 2014

[Review] Mad Clown - Without You

1.견딜만해 (Without You) featuring Hyorin [Sistar]
I like the disheartened sigh at the beginning, it really sets the song. The background music keeps building up over his rapping and then Hyorin enters with the chorus and it all starts happing. The music picks up into this dramatic thing, it drops after wards but not to as low as it was, the it builds up harder to the chorus. I really like build up in songs and I think this a really good example of how building towards a grand finally really works. Mad Clown's rapping is very good. It's a style that's very public friendly. I could show this song to my mum because it's easy to listen to. Hyorin' singing is as good as you would expect. Yeah, it's a good song.

4.5/5

2. 스토커 (Stalker) featuring Crucial Star
I couldn't show this song to my mum. The chorus's 'Fuck you hoe I don't want you back' is really harsh sounding and jarring, it pulls me out of the song and doesn't sound quite right in the song. The verses of this song are really nice and I really dig them. I can get into them but that chorus. I really like the song apart from that one line in the chorus.

3.6/5

3. 깽값 featuring Joo Heon
The rapping in this song is a lot more shouty and it's giving me a bit of a headache. This feels like a filler track. It's seems pretty average and it's really crowded of sounds. There are lots of backgrounds noise and I struggled to know which ones to focus on. I struggled to find English lyrics to this song ad maybe the lyrics are something special which I'm missing out on but yeah, it's just boring.

2.8/5

4.살냄새 (Flesh Smell)l featuring Brother Su
This song it boring. I don' like it. This seems like any other slow RnB track. I like the rapping, I like the singing. The issue hear is that the music is not my style. If you're a fan of slower songs you might like this but I just find it bland and simple. Now simple can be perfect when it's done well but this hasn't managed to pull it off. This song screams filler.

3/5

5. 껌 (Gum) featuring Hwana and Oh JiEun
This song has a weird futuristic/fantasy feel to it. It has lots of eerie background music and has a theatrically sounding parts which create this dramatic out of this world feeling. This songs creeps me out but also intrigues me so I have to listen to it several times. I love how the song uses no sound as a way to build the song by adding suspense. JiEun's voice is really haunting, a really good choice. And the rapping just before 2:00 is just great over nothing but that ghostly background sound. A really interesting track. I'm not sure if I like it. I think give it a couple of days and I'll be loving it, but it's just so odd and doesn't fit with any of the above track. I wasn't expecting it at all.

4/5
 
 Overall this album gets a 3.6/5

No comments:

Post a Comment