I hope you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave suggestions. :)

Monday 14 April 2014

[Review] The Vamps - Meet The Vamps

1. Wild Heart

This was previously a single earlier in the year, so I've heard it many times. It's a grower song. On first listen it's a bit boring but the simplicity of this song really grows on me and I do in fact like it. It's an okay song but I feel like this group has a lot more to offer then this song. And because I'm expecting more this song is slightly mediocre.

3.5/5


2. Last Night
After the first two single, I didn't have high hopes for this single when it originally came out. BUT. This song is okay. It's okay. The band are still very much average but at least this song s trying to be different and memorable and it is. It's acceptable.

3.7/5

3. somebody To You
This  is one of my favourite songs, I actually really like this song. This is the kind of song I was hoping for. This song is a sappy pop song but it's one of the best kind of sappy pop songs. Finally. Well done boys for actually making me want to listen to the rest of this album

4/5

4. Can we Dance
This song was the first released single from the single and it set the bar low. I don't like it. It's just mediocre. I had so much hope for this group but its just boring. Maybe they were playing it safe since it was a debt but honestly the song is bland and there are probably a thousands songs like this and this one has nothing special to make it stand out.

3/5

5. Girls On TV
Okay this song is a rip off. It's almost exactly like a song the Irish duo Jedward sang. The lyrics are almost identical. The Vamps chorus goes
"She got legs like Beyoncé
Give me the eye like Rihanna
I wanna put her on camera
'Cause she drives me crazy, crazy, crazy"
 
The lyrics to Everyday Superstar by Jedward
"She's got,
Hips like Shakira,
Lips of Angelina,
Twisted like Gaga,
Dances like Madonna,
She got that boom, boom, like Britney,
Swagger of Beyoncé,
Baby don't you know that you are,
My everyday superstar, superstar, superstar-star,
It's kinda hard to sum it up,
She's got that what, what, what"
 
I can't help but notice how similar these lyrics are and I think the Jedward song is 100 times more interesting then this song. Despite the similarity I wanted to mention this song is already flat and boring.
 
2.8/5


6. Risk It All
This song is another flat song and by this point on my second listen all the songs are just blending into one. They all follow the same patten, they have the same tempo, nothing changes apart from the lyrics and even then this is just another genric love song with nothing that makes it different. Literally nothing makes the song different

2.4/5

7. Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)
Although I said that all the songs sound the same, this song is one of the exceptions. It's easy to say I don't like these guys but I do. This song is great. It's catchy, it's different. It's not the same drab I've heard a thousand times. This song is golden and I can't wait to download it.

4.4/5

8. Another World
Another love song. I feel like the singer is trying to sing out off his limits, it's sounds strained. Something about the singing is just off and it's a half ballad. I don't have a lot of comment to add.

3/5

9. Move My Way
Okay this song is okay. I like the dodododo and the shshshshould I like that sound and this song is really quite sweet which I like. This song does sound similar to their other songs but this one just manages to escape the clutches of boring so it can live.

3.6/5

10. Shout About It
I like the twinkle sounds in this song, this song is trying to gain it's own identity and the harmonising in this song really brings the song to life but that's where the positive things about this song ends. I just feel like the singer lacks the vocal power that would of boosted this song up to the next level.

3.6/5

11. High Hopes
I had high hopes for this album but I think this standard falls short of those hopes. This song is just plain and sounds like this song is trying to be slightly country sounding but it doesn't work. The song seems very confused as if it doesn't know what genre of song it's meant to be. I don't know either and I don't think I like this song because of it's dull sound.

2.9/5

12. She Was the One
Everything about this song is boring and  it sound like a rejected Westlife song.

1/5

13. Dangerous
I really like this song, I've come to the conclusion this band would be a lot better with a new lead singer because I don't think his voice is nice to listen too or he should get more singing lessons, his voice just doesn't right and it's noticeable in this song. This song is golden, the instrumental is great the lyrics are great it's just the singing that makes the song sound mediocre and ruins it.

I want to give it a 4 but I can't. 3/5

14. Lovestruck
I have the same problem as above, the singing just isn't working for this song. And I feel like I would love this song if only I could stand the singer.

3/5

15. Smile
I'll stop complaining about the singer and I was really surprised that this seems like the least popular song on the album because I think it's one of the best song. This is the anthem song. The song that everyone sings along too. It as cheesy lyrics and a generic background but it's been done well. When things are done well then it's not a problem that they are generic

4/5

16.(Deluxe Version Only) On The Floor
I liked this song.... till I listened to the lyrics. What are these lyrics. Half the lyrics are really romantic

 'Cause there's no other place that I would rather be then here with you'

That's fine but the other lyrics make this group sound like arrogant arseholes. The type of guy you see you best friend or your sister with and you're sat there thinking this guy needs to do one because she can do better.

'And I love that dress you wear, but it's whatever Cause I think it will look much better on the floor, on the floor'

I get it, the song is about you wanting to have sex with a girl but honestly you sound like such an idiot.
2/5

17. (Deluxe Version Only) Golden
This song is an improvement on the previous song. It is so much better. This song isn't golden maybe a bronze. It a nice fun track which I can totally listen too and have fun listening to it.

3.7/5

18. (Deluxe Version Only) Fall
I like this song too. This song is really nice. The chorus is really nice and I think this is one of the strongest songs on the album so at least they finish the album on a high note. Just faaaaallllll is now stuck in my head till something else appears in it's place.

4.1/5


 
 Overall I'm giving this album a 3.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment